Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
- 4 cups (950 ml) onions
- 4 cups (950 ml) cabbage
- 4 cups (950 ml) green tomatoes
- 5 cups (1175 ml) sweet green peppers
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated pickling salt
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mustard seed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) celery seed
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) turmeric
- 4 cups (950 ml) cider vinegar
- Wash vegetables.
- Using coarse blade on food processer,grind onions, cabbage, green tomatoes and peppers.
- Sprinkle with pickling salt.
- Let mixture stand overnight.
- Rinse and drain.
- Combine sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, turmeric, vinegar and 2 cups (475 ml) water.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Bring to boil; boil gently 5 minutes.
- Fill hot Mason jars to within 1/2 inch of tops; adjust lids.
- Process jars in boiling water bath 5 minutes; start timing when water returns to a full boil.
- Makes 9 pints.
- From BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING....1973.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.