Print Friendly Recipe
- Beautiful layered mold of creamy brie and pesto.
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz (168 grm). brie cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped walnuts
- Pesto Layer:
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until a nice paste forms.
- set aside.
- Brie Layer:
- Blend the softened cream cheese and brie together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Set aside.
- Whip the chilled heavy cream in another bowl until peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the cheese mixture until combined.
- Take a 4-cup, deep bowl and line with plastic wrap.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and arrange some fresh, whole basil leaves on the bottom of bowl for a beautiful presentation or decoration (optional).
- 1/4 Pour of the cheese/cream mixture into the bottom of the lined bowl.
- Spoon a layer of pesto over the cheese, and continue to alternate layers until done - should end with cheese.
- Fold over the plastic wrap to cover and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, invert and unmold on to a platter or dish.
- Serve with champagne crackers and toasted bread rounds. Very elegant and such a party pleaser. Will always impress anyone not just by the taste, but by the beautiful presentation.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.