Print Friendly Recipe
- Ruth H.
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- French toast:
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cold cream cheese, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup (225 ml) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) blueberries
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter
- Arrange half the bread cubes in a buttered 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish, scatter the cream cheese over the bread, and sprinkle the blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Arrange the remaining bread cubes over the blueberries.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, syrup, and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake the French Toast covered with foil in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 30 minutes more until puffed and golden.
- Stir together the sugar, cornstarch and water and cook mixture over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the blueberries and simmer mixture for 10 minutes, or until the berries have burst.
- Add the butter and stir the sauce until butter is melted.
- Serve the French Toast with the sauce.
- Passed from a friend to a friend to a friend, it's a great dish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.