Print Friendly Recipe
- Hershey Foods-Sept. 1985
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) boiling water (measure accurately)
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- Stir cocoa and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Blend in 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil.
- Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil; stir until smooth.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely.
- Pour into lightly greased 13x9x2" pan or two 8" square pans.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes for 13x9x2" pan, 30 to 32 minutes for 8" square pans.
- Cool; frost, if desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.