Print Friendly Recipe
- Golden pan-fried crab cakes with a red bell pepper and butter sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) curry powder
- 3 to 4 drops hot red pepper sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves or allspice
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh lump crabmeat
- 3 to 5 tbsp (70 ml). bread crumbs
- corn or peanut oil
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 jalepeno pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Combine egg, mayonnaise and seasoning.
- Add crab and enough breadcrumbs to absorb excess moisture (not too much).
- Stir carefully to blend; mixture should be firm yet moist,and should hold together.
- Form about 6 patties, depending on your size preferences, and set on wax paper for a few minutes to dry slightly.
- Heat some oil in pan and pan-fry until golden on both sides (few minutes on each side is good).
- Serve with sauce.
- Place seeded, deveined pepper sections under the broiler until charred black; discard skin.
- Dice peppers small and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter over medium heat and saute mushrooms, shallots and thyme for about 2 min.
- Add wine, vinegar and stock and cook until liquids reduce by half - about ten minutes.
- Stir in cream and reduce by half - about five minutes.
- Over low heat, whisk in remaining butter, gradually, piece by piece - creating an emulsion.
- Strain, if desired, and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- And stir in the diced, roasted peppers and serve warm.
- serve or if you prefer, you may puree sauce in blender.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.