Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). boned, skinned chicken breasts, halved
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). freshly ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml). butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). minced green onion
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). Irish whiskey
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried tarragon leaves
- chopped parsley or green onions, for garnish
- paper-thin lemon slices, for garnish, optional
- Place chicken pieces between sheets of plastic wrap.
- With flat side of mallot, pound lightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and just enough chicken to fill pan without crowding.
- Cook about 3 minutes, turning once, until chicken is brown.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Repeat steps until all chicken is cooked.
- To the skillet, add Irish whiskey.
- Scrape up brownings.
- Boil 1 to 2 minutes until liquid evaporates.
- Add juices collected from cooked chicken, whipping cream, and tarragon leaves.
- Boil until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reheat chicken to serving temperture.
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Garnish as desired.
- Good served with: Buttered noodles, steamed baby carrots, chilled white wine, if desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.