Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken breasts coated in a savory shitake mushroom crust, topped with delicious creamed mushrooms for double the flavor.
- For chicken:
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coursely chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fine bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved (4 pieces - about1 1/2lbs)
- For creamed mushrooms:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fresh shiitake mushrooms, coursely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). white wine vineger
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- Prepare coating:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- In a shallow baking pan, drizzle one tbsp of the olive oil over the shiitake mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Roast mushrooms, stirring once or twice, twelve to fifteen minutes or until golden - keep oven at 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Mince the roasted mushrooms in a shallow bowl and add the breadcrumbs adn salt and pepper to taste.
- In two separate bowls, have ready the seasoned flour and the egg.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, dredge in flour, shaking off excess, and dip in egg, letting excess drip off.
- Coat chicken with shitake mixture, gently letting excess fall off, and transfer to plate.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot, but not smoking.
- Cook chicken until nicely golden, about one minute on each side, and transfer to baking pan and roast for about ten minutes, or until just cooked through.
- To make creamed mushrooms while chicken is roasting:
- In same skillet, heat butter and cook shallots over low heat, stirring until softened.
- Add shiitakes and season with salt and pepper and saute over med-high heat until mushrooms are softened and browned a bit.
- Stir in wine, vineger and rosemary and stir until liquid is evaporated.
- Add cream and stir until slightly thickened, about one minute.
- Season to taste and serve with chicken.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.