Print Friendly Recipe
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:2 cups (approx.)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk(can use low fat)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt(optional)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cider vinegar
- Melt butter.
- Add flour, then half of the milk.
- Place into double boiler.
- Beat eggs; add all seasonings and vinegar.
- Stir this into mixture in double boiler.
- Add remaining milk.
- Cook,stirring constantly until custard consistency.
- Pour into a clean glass jar and keep covered in refrigerator.
- Adapted from PASS THE PLATE cookbook.
This dressing stores well and is very good with slaw and potato salads.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.