Print Friendly Recipe
- L. A. Times 1/18/87
Serves/Makes:2 cups or more
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) minced lemon peel (yellow only)
- Strain egg yolks into saucepan and beat slightly with wire whisk. Whisk in sugar until blended.
- Gradually stir in lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with whisk until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon or registers 168 degrees (80 C.) on candy thermometer (DO NOT BOIL).
- Remove from heat and whisk until slightly cooled,about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut cold butter into small bits and whisk a few bits at a time into yolk mixture until melted.
- Stir in lemon peel and cool completely.
- Can be made ahead and stored on refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.