Print Friendly Recipe
- Sandi L.
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 8 oz (224 grm). mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sifted powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). coffee liqueur
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sifted powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). coffee liqueur
- 1 (8-10") angel food cake
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) strong black coffee
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot fudge sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). (or 2 Tbsp (30 ml).) coffee liqueur
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup (125 ml) powdered sugar and 3 Tbsp (45 ml). liqueur.
- Beat until smooth.
- Whip cream, 1/4 cup (60 ml) powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp (30 ml). liqueur.
- Beat to stiff peaks.
- 1/2 Fold of whipped cream into cheese mixture.
- Cut cake into 3 layers.
- Place 1 layer on serving plate.
- Pierce with long tined fork.
- In a small bowl combine coffee and 1/4 cup (60 ml) liqueur.
- Drizzle over each layer as you assemble the cake.
- Spread first layer with 1/2 of cream cheese mixture.
- Add a second layer and remaining filling.
- Add third layer.
- Frost with remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup (60 ml) fudge sauce heated with 1 to 2 Tbsp (30 ml). liqueur.
- Every time I have made this I have had more of the coffee liqueur drizzle than was necessary. When I've tried to use it all, the excess seeps out the bottom and makes the cake messy. So less is better in this case. I have used cream cheese when I couldn't get marcarpone, but I much prefer the latter.
Good luck and good eating.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.