Print Friendly Recipe
- A very rich pie
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:1 nine inch pie
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) yellow corn meal
- 5 well beaten eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Rich pastry shell:
- 1 cup (225 ml) of sifted all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking powder
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter
- 3 to 4 tbsp (60 ml) milk
- For filling:
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in flour and cornmeal.
- Add eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; beat well.
- For pastry shell:
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter till size of small peas.
- Gradually add milk, mixing till dough can be formed into a ball.
- Flour a board and roll out and fit into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Crimp edges high.
- Pour filling into the pie crust and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean; about 55 minutes.
- Adapted from BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.