Print Friendly Recipe
- Thai noodles, chicken, and shrimp
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 8 oz (224 grm). rice noodles
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned and boned
- 8 medium shrimp, shelled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bean sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) roasted peanuts
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with water; soak 30 minutes.
- Cut chicken into strips and cut shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Combine water, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Reserving one fourth of bean sprouts for garnish, combine remaining sprouts, garlic, and onions.
- Drain noodles.
- Heat a wok over medium heat for 2 min.
- Add chicken and push to one side.
- Break egg into wok and stir quickly to break up yolk and scramble the egg.
- When egg is set, mix with chicken.
- Add drained noodles, shrimp, sprouts/onions, fish sauce mixture and 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanuts.
- Cook and stir over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining bean sprouts and peanuts, and serve.
- This is the recipe as I received it. However, I usually substitute and add things that I like when I make it.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.