Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:0ne 9-inch pie
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). vanilla (or 4 tsp (20 ml) bourbon)
- Pie Crust:
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Prepare pie crust.
- In medium mixing bowl beat together eggs and sugar.
- Gradually add butter and corn syrup, mix till combined
- Stir in vanilla, pecans, and chocolate morsels.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Pie Crust:
- Mix together 3/4 cup (175 ml) all-purpose flour, 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). sugar, 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt, 1 tsp (5 ml). unsweetened cocoa, and 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp (60 ml). cold "unsalted" butter, mix until crumbly.
- Slowly add 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold milk and 1 tsp (5 ml). vinegar until a smooth but not sticky ball forms, (may need additional flour).
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured flat surface; roll out to fit a 9-inch pie pan.
- I won first prize for this pie at a picnic.
Can substitute 4 teaspoons bourbon for the vanilla extract.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.