Print Friendly Recipe
- Spicy chicken with peanuts - better than restaurant style!
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) chicken breast, cut into pieces
- vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cooking wine, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sesame oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp (30 ml) water, divided
- 1 tsp (5 ml) hot chili paste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white vinegar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 4 green onion stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped garlic
- 1 (8 oz (224 grm).) can sliced water chestnuts
- 4 oz (112 grm). chopped roasted peanuts (can use cashews for different but wonderful change!)
- cooked rice
- To make marinade:
- Combine 1 tbsp (15 ml) of wine, 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce, 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil, 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the cornstarch/water mixture - mix these all together and toss with chicken in bowl and coat evenly.
- Cover and marinade for at least thirty minutes to several hours.
- To make sauce:
- Heat a few tbsp vegetable oil in large skillet and saute garlic and onions until a bit soft.
- Mix together remaining sauce ingredients and add to skillet;heat until hot and bubbly and aromatic; season to taste.
- Meanwhile, when sauce is cooking, heat some oil in seperate skillet and saute the reserved chicken; cook until juices are clear.
- Add the chicken to sauce while cooking; heat and simmer until thickened.
- Serve hot with rice and sprinkle with extra peanuts.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.