Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck's Collection
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). chicken pieces
- lard or cooking oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) diced onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned tomatoes, seeded and peeled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) epazote or oregano
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). assorted chiles (pasilla, guajillo, mulatata - stems and seeds removed)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground cloves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) almonds
- In lard or oil, brown the chicken on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until chicken is done, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, set to the side.
- Place liquid in a blender and process until smooth.
- Place sauce and chicken in the skillet and cook another 10 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.