Print Friendly Recipe
- A rich layered dessert of cake, fruit and cream.
- mhb from nj
Serves/Makes:makes 8 servings
- 1 layer sponge cake or 1/2 tube chiffon cake
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry sherry (or 1/2 cup)
- 1 17 oz (476 grm) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 3 or 3-1/4 oz (91 grm) package regular vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) slivered almonds, toasted
- Slice cake into thin fingers.
- Spread half the fingers with preserves and top with remaining fingers to make sandwiches.
- Place half the finger sandwiches, spoke fashion, in a 2 quarts (1900 ml) serving dish.
- Sprinkle with half the sherry.
- Repeat with the remaining cake and sherry.
- Quarter apricots; place atop cake.
- Cook pudding following the package directions, using the 3 cups (700 ml) milk.
- Stir in vanilla.
- While pudding is hot, pour over trifle.
- Chill the dessert thoroughly.
- Whip cream.
- Garnish trifle with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
- Trifle is traditionally made in a round straight sided, clear class dish. The layers look really pretty but, no matter how you serve it, it tastes great.Found in BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS ENCYCLOPEDIA of COOKING.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.