Print Friendly Recipe
- A sweet-tart wonderful jelly if you access to chokecherries!
- Styren Ranch Guest House, Choteau, Montana
Serves/Makes:6 or more cups
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) chokecherry juice (takes more fruit)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice
- 1 package pectin
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- Wash fruit and cover with water; simmer 15 minutes.
- Strain juice.
- Measure juice into a 6 to 8 quarts (7575 ml) kettle.
- Add pectin and stir.
- Bring to a boil, add sugar, stir, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil exactly 2 minutes.
- Skim and pour into jars.
- For Syrup: use twice as much juice to 1 package pectin.
Editor's note: Some references say the less water you use the more flavor the jelly will have. Slightly crush the fruit before cooking to maximize the juice from it.
Be sure to process jars and lids in a hot water bath if you are planning to store the jelly for future use.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.