Print Friendly Recipe
- Eileen Hutton
Serves/Makes:2 dozen or more
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 1 cup (225 ml) lukewarm water
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mixed currants and raisins
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- oil for deep frying
- powdered sugar
- Sprinkle the yeast over 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk and stir to dissolve.
- Combine the flour and salt and add the remaining milk and the egg.
- Add the yeast mixture, currants, raisins and apple, and mix well.
- Let stand in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Shape balls of the batter with 2 metal spoons and drop them into the hot fat, a few at a time.
- Deep fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve them piled on a dish and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Being of Dutch descent, I have cookbooks with several versions of olliebollen. The one I have chosen was given by a woman who was born and raised in the Netherlands.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.