Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken and peanuts in a spicy sauce.
- Charity J. Horn
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in cubes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground red pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil (or more)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground garlic
- 2 handfuls, peanuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 shakes salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- cooked rice
- Stir-fry chicken pieces in oil until cooked through.
- Add red pepper and garlic, adding more if necessary for desired spice level.
- Stir-fry until spices coat chicken adequately.
- Remove chicken from pan, leaving oil.
- Spread peanuts in bottom in a single layer.
- Stir-fry peanuts, on low, for 5 minutes, adding more oil if necessary to prevent scorching.
- Add prepared chicken to peanuts.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, salt, water, cornstarch, and vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Pour sauce over chicken and peanut mixture.
- Stir over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve over rice.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.