Print Friendly Recipe
- A Must For The Summertime Cookout
- 1 lb (.5 kg) Maryland Crabmeat
- 1 medium onion,chopped
- 1 large stalk celery,chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine or butter
- 6 cups (1425 ml) canned whole tomatoes (3 1-lb cans or equivalent)
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen okra
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) hot cooked rice
- Remove all cartilage from crabmeat.
- In a 4 to 5-quart pot, cook onion, celery and garlic in margarine or butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, okra and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add crabmeat and heat through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.