Print Friendly Recipe
- Light, refreshing - just right for a summertime dessert.
- Linda Weissert
Serves/Makes:1 10-inch pie
- 1 cup (225 ml) prezel crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) FRESH lime juice
- 1 env. Knox gelatin
- 3 eggs, separated
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) tequila
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lime zest
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chilled whipping cream, beaten to soft peaks
- lime slices
- For Crust:
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Press into 10" diamter pie plate.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Place 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice in small bowl and spinkle gelatin over.
- Combine remaining lime juice, yolks, 10 tbsp (150 ml) sugar, tequila, lime zest and salt in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into medium bowl.
- Place bowl in larger bowl of ice water and cool until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Beat whites and 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar in another medium bowl until stiff, but not dry.
- Whip 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream in large bowl to soft peaks.
- 1/4 Mix of lime mixture into whipped cream to lighten.
- Gently fold in remaining lime mixture.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Spread whipped cream atop pie.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve.
- This came from Bon Appetit - from the looks of the clipping, I'd say sometime in the late 70's to early 80's. I've made this often in the summer and its a winner!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.