Print Friendly Recipe
- Classic Cajun Cook Book
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 box Pillsbury Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- pecans to garnish
- chocolate curls to garnish
- Heat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter, whipping cream and brown sugar.
- Cook over low heat until butter melted, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into two 9 or 8 inch round cake pans.
- Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate cake mix, water, oil, and eggs at a low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes on high.
- Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in center or until toothpick comes out clean when stuck in center of layers.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until it forms soft peaks, add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- To assemble cake, place one layer on cake plate praline side up.
- Spread with half whipped cream mixture.
- Place second layer on top of first and cover with remainder of whipped cream mixture.
- Garnish with pecans and chocolate curls.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.