Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 slices dark pumpernickel rye
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). pastrami or corned beef, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (56 grm). sauerkraut--or more to taste
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) thousand island dressing
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread buttered side down on a griddle or skillet.
- Place griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Immediately top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese.
- While the bread is browning, heat sauerkraut in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Just before bread is thoroughly browned and cheese has melted add pastrami or corned beef to griddle and heat through.
- Place warm pastrami or corned beef on one slice of bread.
- Spread thousand island dressing on other slice of bread.
- Place warm sauerkraut on top of pastrami or corned beef.
- Assemble sandwich and remove to plate.
- Cut diagonally and serve.
- I have used both pastrami and corned beef in this recipe and have enjoyed both results! Some folks are purists and prefer one meat to the other. Have fun experimenting!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.