Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar, divided
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped pecans
- 1 oz (28 grm). sq. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) softened margarine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 2 oz (56 grm). semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). water
- Grease 10" tube pan.
- Line bottom with wax paper; set aside
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In medium bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup (225 ml) sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Fold in nuts and grated unsweetened chocolate.
- Spread mixture on bottom and 3/4 up sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and remaining 1 cup (225 ml) sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Spoon mixture into pan gently, making sure it is surrounded by meringue on all sides and lower than top of meringue.
- Bake in pre-heated 325 degree (175 C.) oven 65-75 minutes or until pick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool at least one hour or until caked sides can be loosened easily with metal spatula.
- Turn on serving plate.
- Peel off wax paper.
- Garnish with semi-sweet chocolate that have been melted in 3 Tbsp (45 ml).water.
- I have not made this, but it sounds great.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.