Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
- 10 oz (280 grm).frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dry mustard
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cheese (medium sharp cheddar or your favorite)
- 1 cup (225 ml) beer (preferably English ale, ie- Bass Ale)
- Cook vegetables and drain.
- Melt margarine, stir in flour, salt, and mustard.
- Cook over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat mixture until it coats the spoon.
- Add cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts.
- Stir in beer and vegetables bring to a simmer.
- Cook about 15 minutes.
- Serve with preferred garnishes (croutons, paprika, whatever)
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.