Print Friendly Recipe
- Crusty and flavorful rounded triangles of rice.
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked Japanese short-grain rice, still warm and sticky
- soy sauce for seasoning
- ginger sauce for seasoning
- Japanese pickles, garnish
- chopped scallions, garnish
- Ginger sauce:
- 1 cup (225 ml) soy sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) rice wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated fresh ginger (or double amount)
- 1 inch square piece of kombu seaweed
- Divide rice into 1/2 cup (125 ml) amounts.
- Moisten hands and compress rice firmly into a rounded triangle.
- Fry the triangles very quickly in a lightly greased skillet (this helps the rice balls hold their shape).
- Grill the rice cakes about 5 to 8 minutes over medium hot coals, turning often to brown and crisp evenly.
- Remove from the fire, sprinkle sides with soy sauce, and grill again about 1 minute per side.
- Remove from fire, garnish with pickles and scallions and serve immediately.
- Ginger sauce:
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine, and ginger to taste.
- Bring to boil and add seaweed.
- Serve with rice balls.
- Kombu and Japanese pickles are sold in Japanese markets.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.