Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Karo light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- red food coloring
- 12 red apples
- 12 wooden skewers or popsicle sticks
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- Cook sugar corn syrup and water in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking, without stirring, to 300 degrees (150 C.) on a candy thermometer or until syrup is brittle when dropped in cold tap water.
- Remove from heat and set at once over hot water.
- Add coloring and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Insert sticks in blossom end of apples.
- Plunge into hot syrup.
- Remove quickly and twirl until the syrup is spread smoothly over apple.
- Place on race until hardened.
- These should be made the day they are to be used.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.