Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) plain flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Crisco vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) grated carrots
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 lb (.5 kg). box powdered sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) pecans
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well while dry.
- Add 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Crisco oil.
- Beat in 4 eggs.
- Add grated carrots;stir well to combine.
- Pour into 3 prepared 8" cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Mix together margarine, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Spread frosting on bottom of cake plate.
- Place 1 cake layer on top.
- Spread frosting on top of cake layer.
- Continue this procedure for the second and third layer and put frosting on the sides.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.