Print Friendly Recipe
- Thai, Vegetarian
- Amanda Driscoll
- 1 small pumpkin
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 quarts (2850 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 med. knob fresh ginger, minced
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Slice pumpkin in half and core.
- Discard membrane and seeds.
- Baste sides of pumpkin with a cloth or paper towel dipped in 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil.
- Roast both halves of the pumpkin (cut side up) uncovered, 35-40 min at 425 degrees (225 C.), checking frequently.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Peel away hard outer skin using peeler and reserve flesh.
- Cut into 1-2 inch cubes.
- In a large stockpot, heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil.
- Toss in garlic, onion, carrot, and celery, stirring frequently until tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Add pumpkin and ginger and simmer one hour.
- Using hand blender, puree soup till smooth.
- Using a whisk, add coconut milk a little at a time until soup reaches desired consistency (medium thick).
- Top with edible orchids or pansies, optional.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.