Print Friendly Recipe
- Lighter than the usual pumpkin pie.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- heavy cream, for whipping
- baked pie shell
- Combine beaten eff yolks with brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Cook in double boiler until thick, stirring constantly.
- Soak gelatin in cold water and then stir into hot mixture until well dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cool, put into the refrigerator until partly set.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually add granulated sugar and beat until it makes soft peaks.
- Fold into partially set gelatin mixture.
- Pour into baked pie shell and chill until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.