Print Friendly Recipe
- A quick and easy snack cake for breakfasts or coffee.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:6 or more servings
- 2 cups (475 ml) Bisquick
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of grated coconut
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) grated coconut
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat egg slightly, add milk, sugar and butter.
- Add to bisquick.
- Fold in cornflakes, coconut and lemon rind and pour into a 9 inch square greased and floured pan.
- Sprinkle coconut over the top of the batter.
- Make a paste of sugar and lemon juice and sprinkle over coconut.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Do not overbake.
- Recipe doubles easily and can be done in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Serve with honey cinnamom butter or cream cheese whipped with honey and a tad of butter if you want.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.