Print Friendly Recipe
- An American Holiday light and flavorful Whipped Cream Dessert
- S. Chokel
- 1 tsp (5 ml) unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
- 1 cup (225 ml) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- whipped cream or custard sauce, garnish
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Heat 1/2 cup (125 ml) cranberry sauce and dissolve gelatin in it; cool.
- Add powdered sugar and remaining cranberry sauce.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and whipped cream to which vanilla has been added.
- Serve with whipped cream or custard sauce.
- Note: I am too paranoid to use raw egg whites, so I whip the cranberry and gelatin mixture to an inch of it's life and then fold in the whipped cream and omit the raw eggs.
For Dessert Custard Sauce see recipe 000BF9.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.