Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 9 inch 2-layer cake
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) peanut butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 3 tsps. baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla flavoring
- Carmel Frosting:
- 2 cups (475 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Butter
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- Cream shortening, gradually add peanut butter and cream until smooth.
- Add sugar, and cream until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add well beaten eggs and mix well.
- Combine all dry indredients and add to the creamed mixture alternating with the milk.
- Stir in the Vanilla flavoring.
- Spoon mixture into 2 greased 9" cake pans and bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 25 mins. or until cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool and Frost with Carmel Frosting.
- Carmel Frosting:
- Combine brown sugar, butter and cream, in a heavy sauce pan, cook until bubbles form around edges of the pan.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar, beating well.
- Cool before spreading on the cake.
- Found this in the Warren County, Ky. Rural Electric Cooperative Corp. cook book, the recipe was dated 1979. Hope it helps (Warren County, Ky, included Bowling Green, Kentucky.) Sissy
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.