Print Friendly Recipe
- Vera Didier
Serves/Makes:1 good size pie
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely mashed cooked carrots
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) skim milk or 2%
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). allspice
- pinch of cloves
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- Combine carrots, sugar, flour then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 425 degrees (225 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 degrees (175 C.) till center is set; about 20 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
- The first time I tried this, everyone just went crazy over it including the little grandchildren.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.