Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant (found on internet)
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped fruit and nuts
- 1 tsp (5 ml). soda
- 4 cups (950 ml) cake flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs till thick.
- Chop fruit and nuts or put through a food chopper, using about equal quantities of fruit and nuts of any preferred kind.
- Combine all mixtures.
- Roll out and cut into interesting shapes and bake in a 375 degree (200 C.) oven.
- While hot, these cookies may be iced with a thin powdered sugar icing.
- The powdered sugar and water should be mixed about as thick as coffee cream.
- Hold the hot cookie tilted over icing container and pour the icing over the surface with a spoon or pastry brush allowing the surplus to run back into the bowl.
- Happy Holidays and enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.