Print Friendly Recipe
- Cajun hors d'oeuvre
- William Bohannon
- 2 loaves white bread
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonaise
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cayenne
- Butter each slice of bread then place 2 slices together.
- Roll with rolling pin to make thin crust and form into muffin tin cup; repeat till muffin pan is complete.
- Brown meat, vegetables and spices.
- Add cheese and remove from heat.
- Add mayonaise and stir.
- Spoon into shells and bake for 10 min at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Let stand; then remove from pan inverting if necessary.
- Serve hot on a nice tray.
- These appetizers are very common in New Orleans.
Each household has it's own recipe.
If you give a party and serve these in New Orleans you will be judged by these alone.
Elaborate on the filling or top with piped mashed potato..get creative and fancy.
There is no standard recipe you can do whatever you want once you get the hang of it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.