Print Friendly Recipe
- Candy C
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light Karo syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 qt. pecans
- Cobine sugar, buttermilk, Karo, and salt in a very large pan (it will foam considerably when soda is added).
- Bring to a boil.
- Add soda; stir and cook to soft ball stage degrees (149 C.) on a candy thermometer.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat until color changes and candy thickens.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop by tsp on greased cookie sheet.
- Cool until set.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.