Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck's Collection
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml). lemon zest**
- 4 cups (950 ml) powdered sugar
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). anise oil***
- ** Can omit zest if desired
- ***Can use anise extract and/or ground anise seed
- Beat sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir in oil and zest.
- Add flour and baking powder, mixing thouroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness or a little less.
- Using the tine of a fork, draw lines on the dough.
- Cut into rectangles, place on a cookie sheet.
- Allow to set overnight in a cool dry place, uncovered.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not allow to brown.
- Allow to cool and then store airtight.
- Can be eaten warm or allow flavors to blend for about 6 to 7 days.
- I think this is the "Licorice" flavored cookies you are looking for. There are many anise cookie recipes available.
Use as much anise as you want, especially if you really like licorice as I do.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.