Print Friendly Recipe
- Sandi L.
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups (950 ml) (or more) chicken stock or canned low-salt broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 3 oz (84 grm). crumbled Roquefort cheese
- minced chives for garnish
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic and saute until tender but not browned (about 10 minutes).
- Add potatoes and 4 cups (950 ml) stock.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Puree soup in blender in batches and return to saucepan.
- Thin with additional broth if necessary.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to a simmer before serving and garnish each bowl with a few chopped chives.
This recipe is definitely a keeper. It came from an October 1993 magazine though I don't know which one I clipped it from.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.