Print Friendly Recipe
- Fish and Game Cooking by Joan Cone
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). wild boar ham (approximately)
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) rubber sage
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1-7/8 oz (52.5 grm). package gravy mix for pork
- Pour water in a large glass or ceramic bowl and add remaining ingredients except for gravy mix.
- Place boar roast in bowl with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning the meat several times.
- Transfer meat and marinade to crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours.
- Turn meat once halfway through cooking.
- Drain and slice the meat.
- Follow package directions for making gravy and serve over sliced boar.
- Wild boar is much leaner and firmer than domestic pork and therefore, can be quite tough and dry.
The long, slow cooking process and acid in the marinade will help
tenderize the boarmeat.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.