Print Friendly Recipe
- soft and very good cookies
- Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
Serves/Makes:about 48 cookies
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shortening or cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) gound cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- In a mixing bowl combine about half of the flour, the brown sugar, shortening, molasses, egg, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed till thoroughly combined.
- Beat in remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree (200 C.) oven for 8-10 minutes or till set and tops are crackled.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.