Print Friendly Recipe
- A lower fat chocolate chip cookie
- Cooking Light Magazine
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) applesauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Spoon applesauce into a fine sieve over a bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- Discard liquid; scrape applesauce into a large bowl.
- Add sugar and butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy--about 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended.
- Fold in chips.
- Drop by level tbsp 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm.
- Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- Cooking Light magazine is a great source for lower fat, lower calorie versions of recipes.
This one came from the January/February 2001 issue.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.