Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 oz (112 grm). hot smoked sausage, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) long grain white rice
- 1 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). can Del Monte cajun style stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). thyme
- 4 20 oz (560 grm). Rock Cornish hens, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- Brown sausage in saucepan.
- Stir in rice; cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, onions, pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes; rice will be firm.
- Remove giblet package from hens and set aside for another use.
- Rinse hens; drain well.
- Stuff with rice mixture.
- Tie legs together with string.
- Place breast side up on rack in shallow pan.
- Brush with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 1 hour or until done.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.