Print Friendly Recipe
- Chucks Collection
- 1/2 recipe warm white sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely diced chicken, no skin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sauted sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry bread crumbs**
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbs (15 ml) water
- White Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, margarine or rendered chicken fat
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ** BUTTERED BREAD CRUMBS ( Use for baking croquettes )
- White Sauce:
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add flour half at a time, blending until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring to keep smooth.
- Continue stirring and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and beat in egg.
- Stir another 2 minutes.
- Cool by setting pan in cold water, changing occasionally and stirring frequently.
- Combine sauce and next 4 ingredients, mixing well and allowing to cool.
- Measure 1/3 cup (80 ml) portions on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove and shape portions.
- Roll in bread crumbs, then dip in egg and roll again in bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour for coating to dry.
- Fry in oil heated to 365 degrees (175 C.) or bake at 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Use buttered bread crumbs instead of dry bread crumbs if baking.
- Buttered Bread Crumbs:
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 ml). or 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter and 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry bread crumbs.
- Stir until bread crumbs are well coated and slightly toasted.
- Sound good to me and am going to try them.
Hope you enjoy !
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.