Print Friendly Recipe
- Wonderful Fall or Winter Treat with nutritional value!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:24 generous cookies
- 1 tart apple
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 2 large eggs (I use Jumbo eggs)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (10 ml) to 5 tsp (25 ml) ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Dice apple into small cubes and place on a baking tray.
- Bake the fruit cubes for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until just soft.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, shortening, baking soda, brown sugar, honey, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Add the flour, apple bits and walnuts to the cookie dough and thoroughly combine.
- Drop cookies onto ungreased baking sheets by the heaping tspful.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Do not over bake, as they are best when a bit soft.
- Let cool on the tray before storing.
- As a different tone to the cookies, try omitting the cinammon and using apple pie spice!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.