Print Friendly Recipe
- Classic elegance with a new twist. Simple entertaining with panache!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Makes about 16-20 appetizers
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 10 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sweet pickle relish
- 1 8 ounce brick reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 8 ounces caviar (preferable 2 or more colors)
- lemon slices
- chopped parsley
- assorted crackers
- Spray 9" diameter tart pan with removable bottom or 9" diameter springform pan with vegetable spray.
- Combine onion and sugar in medium bowl.
- Place 10 whites and 6 yolks in food processor (reserve remaining yolks for another use); chop coarsely.
- Add mayonnaise and relish to the egg mixture and process until combined (do not overmix to paste).
- Add the egg mixture to bowl with onions and blend well.
- Spread the combined mixture over bottom of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and milk in clean food processor bowl. Blend well.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by tspfuls over chilled egg layer and spread gently to cover.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (Can be prepared 1 day ahead, cover and keep refrigerated).
- Spoon caviar decoratively on top of the cheese layer.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
- Press bottom of tart pan up or remove sides of springform pan, releasing the "pie".
- Place on a platter and surround with crackers.
- This is especially good with vodka. (Keep the bottle of Vodka in the freezer, the alcohol will keep it from becoming hard ice, but will keep it supremely chilled.) A slice of lemon in the vodka is all you need. Very elegant and delicious.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.