Print Friendly Recipe
- Tangy sweet and sour meatballs for dinnertime or for party fare!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:25 Small Meatballs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) celery, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh parsley, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground black pepper
- 1 1 oz (28 grm). package dry onion soup mix
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). bottle home-style chili sauce
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tarragon vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, celery, parsley, egg and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper in medium bowl.
- Add 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) soup mix; blend well.
- Form mixture into 1-inch-diameter balls and place on cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine chili sauce, water, raisins, vinegar, sugar and remaining soup mix in heavy large pot.
- Bring to simmer over medium-low heat.
- Drop meatballs into sauce.
- Cover pot and simmer until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice as a main course, or as hors d'oeuvres.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.