Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) crushed starlight candies (about 6)
- In top of double boiler, whisk together sugar, water, egg whites and cream of tartar.
- Cook, whisking occasionally, over simmering water 4 minutes or until mixture is hot and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in peppermint extract.
- Beat with electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes or until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with layer of Peppermint Frosting.
- Top with second cake layer.
- Frost top and side with remaining Peppermint Frosting.
- Sprinkle top and side of cake with crushed candies.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.