Print Friendly Recipe
- Devils Food Cake with pockets of cherry chocolate chip cheesecake.
- Jan Hanbury
Serves/Makes:9 inch double layer cake
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix (mixed according to directions only adding 1 egg more)
- 1 jar Maraschino cherries drained and chopped coarsely
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 pkg. of 12 oz (336 grm). bag miniature chocolate chips.
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). bag chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sour cream
- Mix cake according to directions only adding 1 additional egg.
- Pour into two greased and floured cake pans.
- Mix the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth and then add chips and cherries.
- Drop in tspfuls across the cake batter distributing evenly--DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SMOOTH.
- Bake until set about 40 min or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool and frost.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave just until melted according to package directions.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Mixture will have chemical reaction that will cause it to become a beautiful dark color and get very glossy.
- Frost/ice rather quickly as this icing will set up but never loses the wonderful smooth texture.
- This is in response to Sharon Lanes request for special cakes.
I have been writing "doctored up recipes" for cakes for several years hoping someday to publish them. They are all based in ordinary cake mixes and require little effort and no talent!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.