Print Friendly Recipe
- A great warming meal for a cold day!
- Barbara Bartlett; Mexia, Texas
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 pkg. Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomatoes and chiles (Rotel), undrained
- 1 can Ranch Style beans, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained (use "hot" beans if you dare)
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 1 can hominy (white or yellow), undrained
- 1 can whole kernel corn , undrained
- Saute ground meat and onion until beef is brown and onion is limp and transparent.
- Sprinkle dry seasoning mixes over the meat and stir in to absorb remaining grease.
- Add all canned ingredient; do not drain any liquids!
- Heat together until flavors are blended, the longer the better...but, as great as this soup smells, I'll bet you can't wait very long!
- Mix a bowl of salad and bake a pan or cornbread while the soup is simmering, and you'll have a complete meal. My family enjoys this soup as a satisfying winter dish. In fact, we always have it after Christmas, sort of to clear the palate from all the Christmas food!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.